5.21.2008

What can I do for Taiwan?

For a very long time, I've always been an observer.
Although I'm fortunate enough to participate the 2000/2004 president elections and several others, but I never felt lost or impotent as of now.

As I'm becoming a Canadian permanent resident, what can I contribute to the change and impact that Taiwan is going to challenge? For these days watching DaWha political discussion program, I slowly but deeply realized that, for they alone, is not enough. A human being, speaks for and from it's own conscious, they support and keep their belief, they hold on to their principles. More important is, even facing harsh environment and condition, we still need to keep what makes us human, that is a freedom and independent mind.

So to speak out for myself, as speak out for Taiwanese to all the foreign people.
I hereby commit myself on my spare time, to translate many of those great articles and political theories about Taiwan into English. I'll keep my article have both languages written as to magnified the possibilities that search engine or from other resources can reach these articles.

By doing so, that I hope, can being one part of the voices for Taiwan in this huge world but small existence of Earth in this universe, that I can say something for my own people, who desperate to have their own independent country.

For a non-native English speaker, I might make mistakes in my articles, so feel free to leave a message and suggest how to correct it.

No comments: